Creating with Kaya (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website Creatingwithkaya.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party [(including our affiliates and subsidiaries)]; or
- Any third party [(including our affiliates and subsidiaries)], including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from [or on] the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any [personal] information to [or on] the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website [or] [through any of its features,] [register on the Website,] [make any purchases through the Website,] [use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website,] [or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com. [California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.]
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or social media handles/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline] (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- Your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, [web beacons,] [and other tracking technologies].
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of [registering to use our Website,] [subscribing to our service,] [posting material,] [or requesting further services]. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and] when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- [Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.]
- [Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.]
- [Your search queries on the Website.]
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although [we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile], please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including [traffic data,] [location data,] [logs,] and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically [does/may/is only statistical data and does not] include personal information[, [but/or] we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties]. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
[We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.]
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.]
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- [To provide you with notices about your [account/subscription], including expiration and renewal notices.]
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- [To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.]
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
[We may also use your information to contact you about [our own and third-parties’] goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please [check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/adjust your user preferences in your account profile.]
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.]
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business[ and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Creating with Kaya‘s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Creating with Kaya about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Creating with Kaya, our customers, or others.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you are entitled to additional rights under California law and we ensure compliance with the CCPA. Here are your rights:
1. You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed to third parties.
2. You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information.
3. You also have the right to access your personal information, which we will provide within 30 days of such request.
4. You have the right to know what personal information is collected from you and how it is used as explained in the sections above
5. You have the right to have your personal information deleted
6. You have the right to equal service, price and no discrimination
7. You have the right to data portability and right to request your personal information and use it for your own purposes
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties such as service providers, vendors for their use in marketing to you, so we can provide the products and/or services offered on this website to you. When we disclose such information, your personal information is still kept confidential and between us and that third party. It is not used for any other purpose that’s not permitted under the laws.
Please be advised we DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to third parties and have never sold your personal information. We do not intend to sell your personal information in the future either.
Only you as the person registered with the California Secretary of State can make such verifiable consumer requested related to your personal information or someone you authorize to act on your behalf.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person about whom we had collected personal information. You must describe your request with enough details such as your first and last name, your address and country that allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. Please note we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We will make all attempts to respond to your request within 30 days of receipt.
[If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit [CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS].
[California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR VISITOR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, if you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights and information listed below.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of:
- You ask us to delete the information by sending a request to email@example.com. Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access paid or free content previously provided to you.
- Our decision to cease using our existing data providers
- The Company decides to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services
- The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or the Company finds it outdated
You have the right to request access to your data that we store and have the ability to access your personal data.
You have the right to either rectify or erase your personal data. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal data and have it corrected or removed completely.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data. When you restrict the processing of your data, we can store your data but cannot process it further.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances including but not limited to direct marketing, profiling, scientific or historical research purposes, statistical purposes, automated decision making and profiling and tasks based on legitimate interests or in the public interest/exercise of official authority.
You have the right to the portability of your data. You have the right to request your personal data from us, receive it and transfer it to another controller.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you have provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably necessary to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
[We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. [All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].]
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. [We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.]
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.]